Did you know that 50% of people say that a smile is the first thing they notice about someone? Brush twice a day and floss daily so the smile people are noticing is shiny and white!
Our teeth are meant to last a lifetime, and our tooth enamel is the hardest part of our body—even harder than our bones! In order to keep our teeth for a lifetime, we need to take care of them by brushing, flossing and seeing the dentist.
When we brush or teeth, we should also remember to brush our tongue. Did you know that just like our fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different? Our tongue is the only muscle in our body that isn’t attached to something at both ends.
Here are a few things you may already know:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a toothbrush with a small or medium sized head and soft bristles.
- Make small, gentle circular motions to clean teeth.
- Remember to clean your tongue
- Floss in the evenings or use interdental brushes to clean in between teeth.
- If you have braces, implants and/ or a bridge you need to do additional maintenance.
Some other things to be reminded of…
- Limit sugary drinks, including fruit juice.
- Limit sweets to after meal times.
- Have sugar free chewing gum if you need to.
- Limit alcohol and stop smoking.